Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Scrambled

Man alive, talk about your Halloween hangover! Last night was spooktacular - the whole family dressed up and trick or treated together. Just as we were set to leave we got a call that my hubby's uncle was en route to the hospital apparently having a heart attack. So I think we can both be forgiven for filling up our coffee go cups with wine at that moment. We took deep breaths and headed out, hoping for the best. Part way thru the evening we met up with my brother in law and his kids, and he passed on the terrible news that their uncle had not survived the ambulance ride. After finally getting back home again we got the kids de-costumed and de-makeuped (is that a word? probably not) and into bed, had another glass of wine together after scrubbing off all our make up, and went to bed. Well, I went to bed, my poor hubby fell asleep on the couch and he was not getting up again, so I gave up and went to bed by myself.

When I woke up this morning after not enough sleep and too much wine - okay, and cheese, I needed a post halloween snack that did not involve candy before bed - I had one decent moment before the events of last night came crashing back in, booo. So I hauled my butt out of bed, put the coffee on, and spent the rest of the morning trying to get the kids to wake up/get up/eat up/get dressed/get out the door to school. While they aren't in on the family tragedy yet, they still all had their own Halloween hangovers to cope with; too much sugar mixed with too much excitement, and a dash of fear. Oh, and not enough sleep. To add to my scrambled morning I had agreed to participate in a group diet/clean up your lifestyle type competition, starting today. So I had to find my damn reading glasses so I could read the damn scale before I did anything else - like pee. I wanted to be as full as possible for my starting weight, so as to give myself an edge on the weight loss thing. You can bet that in a week I'll peeing BEFORE I get on that scale.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, get my head together and carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment