Sunday, October 23, 2011

Up with the chickens

Why is it that at least 50% of my family feels the need to make sure I am awake too when they can't sleep? The night before last my husband tossed and turned for what seemed like hours, sighing, readjusting covers and pillows, and even going so far as to ask if I was awake, which I ignored. Then last night he was apparently thirsty and attempted to wake me to ask if he could have some of my water...which I ignored again and made some soft snoring noises. Then one of my daughters came upstairs and I had to help her get tucked in on the floor beside my bed where she has a foamie and some blankets for the many nights she can't sleep. Then SHE wanted a drink of my water. Sigh. So then at one point later on I sat up to plump up my pillow and lie down again and my husband suddenly said "EXCUSE ME but do you mind, I'm trying to sleep here?!"
I did not react outwardly, but in my head I was doing one of those "SHUUUTTTT UPPPPP" screams as loud as I could, as I smothered him to death with my pillow...
Sometimes my most exciting fantasy is the one where I live all alone, and I get to sleep all night, as long as I want, totally undisturbed.  A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment