Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fresh eggs

Yes, it's the new year. After some hibernating for a couple of days after the big NY eve itself, I find myself deciding what actions to take this year. What is my plan? New Years eve went completely sideways, and I found myself facing some cold hard facts about my life, and the people I share it with. So. Rather than make resolutions, I have taken action already to organize my current situation. Number one, I threw out some garbage. Garbage as in crap that I have not wanted in my life for some time, and hopefully it is now gone for good. Hopefully no one is planning to press assault charges...

Number two, I laid some things out on the table, and hopefully finally managed to successfully communicate some pretty damn important shit to my significant other. I may be wordy but don't always get my point across.

What's next? Not sure, but I'm feeling some momentum building I think, so I need to keep this ball rolling. Why do we expect that a new year will bring better things? Does it ever really happen? If it does, why do people always feel the need to make resolutions, do better, start fresh every January 1st? I'm tired of listening to people talk the talk. I used to pride myself on being a "do-er". It's time for some action again.

It's been a while, but I'll just chalk it up to being a late bloomer. Bring it, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment